LETTER WRITING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE MARCH 2019 BLM LEASE SALE
- You must write supporting comments – personal comments in your own language – that will make the protest letter count as “official”.
- Folks need to email their comments to email@example.com. Digital signatures will be counted. Just write your name and details at the bottom of the letter provided.
- There are four “points of particular relevance” that should be included when writing your comment letters. Be sure to at least include these, and then continue with any of the “talking points” in the template.
- Don’t forget to put your mailing address beneath your signature at the bottom of your letter!
- When you’re done, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and send us a copy of your letter for our records. Please keep your receipt from the BLM or post office. Thank you, and feel free to contact us if you need any help with your letter.
Copy and paste the following text into any letter writing program (Word, Pages, Google Docs, Notes) and then modify it to your liking.
Your letter MUST be dated AND arrive at the BLM offices before 5pm on February 19, 2019. The BLM will not consider protest letters received after 5pm on February 19, 2019.
If you intend to mail your letter, be sure to mail it by Thursday February 14th.
Deliver By Post
If you mail your letter, please send it from a post office along with a “Domestic Return Receipt” form which looks like this. Post your letter to:
BLM State Office
Attn: State Director
301 Dinosaur Trial
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87508
Deliver In Person
You may deliver your letter in person to the BLM State Office in Santa Fe M-F from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Click here for a map or directions to 301 Dinosaur Trail, Santa Fe.
Be sure to request a receipt when you hand over your letter!